SILVAR Members Support 12th Foundation Fundraiser
The heat didn’t stop SILVAR members from supporting the 12th Silicon Valley REALTORS® Charitable Foundation Fundraiser on Monday, August 23. The event, held at the Stanford Golf Course, was enjoyed by over 125 members and guests and raised over $33,000 for charity.
There was much in store for members this year, including the Charitable Foundation “Chipping for Charity,” lunch, Putting Contest, a Rookie Golf Camp, no host cocktail reception after the tournament, buffet dinner, awards and live and silent auctions. Silicon Valley REALTORS® Charitable Foundation President Lisa Keith greeted everyone and thanked them for supporting the annual Foundation fundraiser, which is SILVAR’s biggest event of the year. SILVAR member and California Association of REALTORS® Past President Jim Hamilton served as auctioneer.
Second Place winners were Eric Trailer, Alan Loveless, John Carman, and David Olerich. They received “a little slice of paradise” only an hour away: three days, two nights in a 2-bedroom/2-bath fully-furnished condo at the Boulder Creek Golf & Country Club and a round of golf for four with carts, donated by Eric Trailer ($600 value).
Third Place winners were Tim Sjobeck, C.A.R. Past President Jim Hamilton, C.A.R. Treasurer Don Faught and President-Elect Gene Lentz. They received a foursome of golf at Bodega Harbour in Bodega Bay, donated by Paul Cardus ($300 value).
Longest Drive – Women went to Tracie Southerland, who received a bottle of Joullian Monterey Chardonnay 2007 ($30 value), courtesy of HIF (Housing Industry Foundation), and a $50 gift certificate to the Stanford Golf Course Pro-Shop.
Closest to the Pin – Men went to Mike Sibilia, who received a bottle of Alhona Vineyard 2002 Merlot Carmel Valley ($30 value), courtesy of HIF (Housing Industry Foundation), and a $50 gift certificate to the Stanford Golf Course Pro-Shop.
Closest to the Pin – Women went to Debbie Grammar. She received a bottle of Joullian Monterey Chardonnay 2007 ($30 value), courtesy of HIF (Housing Industry Foundation), and a $50 gift certificate to the Stanford Golf Course Pro-Shop.
Putting Contest winner Mike Polanski received a custom made pure copper pipe putter ($500 value) donated by Bellows Plumbing, Heating, Sewer and Air-Conditioning.
• Kelly Collishaw: Genghis Khan at the Tech-Six (6) VIP Passes/tickets to the Genghis Khan exhibit at the Tech Museum from San Jose Mercury News (Exhibit ends Labor Day weekend). ($150 value)
• Valerie Lo: $25 Gift Certificate to Maltby's Restaurant in Los Altos, from Maltby's Restaurant.
• Don Knight: $50 Gift Certificates to The Red Crane Asian Cuisine and Sushi Artistry in Cupertino, from The Red Crane.
• Betty Lin: four complimentary wine tasting certificates, each good for two complimentary tastings in their tasting room in downtown Saratoga, from Cinnabar Winery. ($40 value)
• Sid Frederick: $50 Gift Certificate to Robert's Of Woodside, from Roberts of Woodside.
• Kelly Faigley: Two $35 gift certificates to Buck's Of Woodside good through August 2011, from Buck's of Woodside.
• Arthur Navarro: gift certificate to The Little Store in Woodside - good for lunch for two or dinner for two – (does not include alcohol), from The Little Store in Woodside. ($75 value)
• Judi Carollo: two tickets to Giants vs. Diamondbacks at AT&T Park- September 29, from from American Technologies, Inc. ($48 value)
• Terry Lin: two trained volunteers will come to your residence and conduct a two and a half hour energy audit and address other energy efficiency measures,from Davena Gentry & Acterra's Green@homeprogram. ($200 value)
• Rookie Camp participant: six hours of free high percentage golf lessons by Sid Wong, from Sid Wong. ($150 value)
• Rookie Camp participant: the book Northern California's Best 100 Public Golf Course by Doug Dawson, from Judy Bogard-Tanigami & Sheri Huges.
SILVAR would like to extend a special thanks to donors of all raffle and live and silent auctions items. A special thanks to this year’s fundraiser sponsors. Thanks to your support, the annual fundraiser was a big success!
Cart Sponsor: Harrell Remodeling, Inc. Design + Build
Lunch Sponsor: Sereno Group
Tee & Hole Sponsors: Alain Pinel Realtors (Los Gatos); Alain Pinel Realtors (Palo Alto) - Bob Gerlach; Princeton Capital; Referral Realty (Cupertino) - Moise Nahouraii; Rainmaker Properties; Los Altos/Mountain View District; Coldwell Banker (Los Altos); Palo Alto Affiliate Bank; Filipino American Real Estate Professional Association; Wells Fargo Home Mortgage; Menlo/Atherton District; Rossi, Hamerslough, Reischl & Chuck; RE/MAX Real Estate Services; American Technologies, Inc.; Cupertino/Sunnyvale District; Palo Alto District; Opes Advisors, Inc.; New York Life - Wilma Baltar; and JCP-LGS Disclosures.com.