The Silicon Valley Association of REALTORS® (SILVAR) sponsors Tour and Marketing Sessions (Tour Meetings) in each of its Districts. The purpose of the Tour Meeting is to network and exchange information concerning properties on the market, learn new skills and information from guest speakers, and receive a list of the properties scheduled for showing that day.
The purpose of a tour policy is to assist in maintaining a level of safety, security, privacy, respect, courteous conduct and an elevated professional standard of care by our SILVAR members when entering and touring the property of the consumer.
1. Tours, tour meetings, and tour sheets are for the exclusive use of members of SILVAR and other REALTOR® organizations and are not available to the general public. The tour is an exclusive viewing of properties listed on MLSListings. Tour sheets may not be reproduced without permission from SILVAR, and may not be distributed to the general public. Any advertising or sponsorship of tour meetings is to be limited to SILVAR members only.
2. To put a property on Tour, an Agent/Broker must be a member of MLSListings. The Agent/Broker must enter “SILVAR” in the Association Tour 1 or Association Tour 2 field on a listing in order for it to appear on the SILVAR tour sheet.
3. The Agent/Broker responsibility includes ensuring that the property Owner and Tenant have authorized a touring of the property. A client may tour a property on tour with the consent of the listing agent/broker.
4. If the property is occupied, the Agent/Broker or designated representative must be present for the entire Scheduled Tour.
5. Vacant houses must be identified as vacant and listed as such in the Tour Sheet remarks. The Agent/Broker or a designated representative is encouraged to be present during the Scheduled Tour Hours. If not attended, the property must have a visible working lockbox. If the house is “staged” or furnished, it is NOT considered vacant for the purposes of Tour.
6. Any deviation from the Scheduled Tour Hours will be considered a violation of the tour policy and could result in a fine (Scheduled Tour Hours are posted at http://www.silvar.org).
7. Drive-by properties are allowed on tour, but can only be classes 3&5 (Multi-Residential & Residential Lots and Land), and they MUST include ‘drive by only’ in the tour remarks.
8. Drive-by properties and Status 2 and 3 (Pending w/release and Pending w/out release) properties must be specifically noted as such in the Tour Sheet remarks.
9. Skyline Tour areas (271-273) intending to Tour with the Tour Hours of 11:30 am – 2:30 pm must specifically note “Skyline Tour” in the Tour sheet remarks. If “Skyline Tour” is not in the tour sheet remarks, the Agent/Broker or designated representative must be present for the entire Scheduled Tour (9:30 am – 1 pm)
10. A property is defined as an APN regardless of multiple MLS classifications and distinct MLS numbers.
11. Property retours are permissible beginning the fourth week from that property’s most recent tour date
12. An exception to the four-week retour policy is if a property has had a price change of a minimum of 5% or a status change on the MLS.
13. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed at properties during Tour.
14. Tour Cancellation – If an Agent/Broker needs to cancel the property Tour:
a. The agent must make every attempt to cancel the property Tour on MLSListings BEFORE the computer deadline, so that it is not published on the Tour Sheet.
b. If an Agent/Broker needs to cancel the Tour and it is AFTER the computer deadline, the property will still show on the Tour Sheet, therefore the Agent/Broker must make every effort to inform SILVAR and the other agents prior to the Tour, have an announcement made at the Tour Marketing Meeting (if applicable), AND place a visible sign at the property indicating that Tour is cancelled.
Violation of the Tour Policy will result in a $100 fine for the 1st offense, $250 for the 2nd offense, and $500 for the 3rd offense. Other fines may be administered by the SILVAR Grievance Committee. Any member of MLSListings may file a report on a violation of Tour Policy. The name of the complainant will remain confidential. Call SILVAR at 408-200-0100 or go to the SILVAR Web site at www.silvar.org to obtain a “Tour Policy Violation Reporting Form.”
TOUR POLICY ENFORCEMENT
1. Tour Violation is reported to SILVAR on a Tour Policy Violation Reporting Form.
2. SILVAR staff will review for completion and forward to the Regional Tour Policy Committee (RTPC).
3. RTPC reviews complaint and if determined that Agent/Broker is in violation of Tour Policy, a letter from SILVAR is sent to the Agent and may be sent to the Agent’s Broker stating the violation and requesting a fine as outlined in the Tour Policy. An offer is made to allow the Agent/Broker to appeal back to the RTPC by submitting a written statement to SILVAR.
4. The RTPC reviews the appeal and (1) if the RTPC agrees with the Agent/Broker appeal the matter is
dropped, documentation is filed, Agent/Broker gets a letter in writing from SILVAR that the matter has been dropped and no fine is assessed, or (2) if the RTPC still feels the Agent/Broker should be fined, then the Agent/Broker is contacted in writing and given an opportunity to pay the fine. If the Agent/Broker still disagrees, the matter is turned over to the SILVAR Grievance Committee for due process.